Call : 508-828-6540

Affordable Attorney Bankruptcy Due to COVID-19? Our Taunton Office Open During COVID-19

Bankruptcy Due to COVID-19?

My clients are hardworking good people who have been going through difficult times. Bankruptcy allows people a fresh start. Clients may end up building better credit after you have completed your bankruptcy because you may be debt free or at least a better debt ratio.

If you are considering or need to file bankruptcy related to impacts from COVID-19

Continue Reading

Affordable Attorney

Attorney Nesson’s goal is to provide quality legal representation at reasonable and affordable rates. Hiring an attorney can be expensive, but Alexander Nesson will keep costs affordable. The initial half hour consultation is free.

Continue Reading

Open During COVID-19

My office is open during these unprecedented times. I am meeting with clients by phone, Facetime and Zoom. Although courts are not open for in- person public hearings, I have been having more and more hearings by phone-whether or not they are contested or uncontested. In addition, courts are proceeding and processing paperwork. My office is also trying to alleviate some of the COVID-19 related pain by contributing $50 for each new client to the Pan-Mass Challenge.

Continue Reading

Our Taunton Office

Alexander established a law office in Taunton in 1995, practicing law throughout Massachusetts with emphasis on Bristol and Plymouth counties.

  • Adjacent to Taunton Courthouse
  • On and off street parking
  • Historic Taunton Center
Continue Reading

It really depends significantly on the court and what the court might make as a ruling and the Judge. However, the more time in advance that you can provide that to both the opposing side and ideally the court, the better. Sometimes you can do such a thing as emailing it both to a clerk […]

It can be different in every court and with every paid supervisor this is paid by either one or both of the parties.  Usually, the supervisor will monitor the visit and will write visitation notes for the positives and negatives, if any, that have occurred during the visits.  You can try and either have those […]

The answer unfortunately is it has occurred where many times in terms of not needing to get a Guardian ad Litem (“GAL”) which can be very costly or sometimes the court not being willing to appoint an attorney for the children. They will have what is called “Family Service Officer or Probation Officer” do a […]

If the court is making a gatekeeper provision that can be to a certain degree problematic for the people that are litigating the case because it means that the court feels like people are going into court too often and the court will put restrictions before the parties are able to file a variety of […]

Nesting in Massachusetts for custody cases involves somewhat a unique situation where the idea that the children would remain in the former marital home and the two parties would live somewhere else for a period of time.  So, for example, it could be a joint legal and joint physical custody situation where the mother might […]

The short answer is that you can choose to not go forward at any point with the Fair Hearing.  The best practice is to put that in writing to the Fair Hearing office and the local area office.   It usually does not have a negative impact on your case.  It can always depend on the […]

The purpose of supervised visitation is to provide a safe and neutral environment for children to have a relationship with parents and is often used in high conflict situations. Many courts take the position that it is better to make an error that protects the child as opposed to leaving a child at risk. Supervised parenting time may occur in […]

It is the same.  The court still calls “parenting time” “visitation” in many of the forms and in the law but most of the time Probate and Family Court have begun to use parenting time as a better term.  It can be confusing in terms of physical custody, legal custody or physical joint or legal […]