If your Spouse is in Prison, would your Divorce be Contested or Not?

It is a similar analysis in Massachusetts to see whether or not your spouse would agree with the divorce as in agreement with things such as child custody, spousal support if any, property division, health insurance and so forth.

If you are able to work out an agreement then you can file an Uncontested Divorce which is a joint petition. However, if there is a disagreement, you would file a more typical Complaint for Divorce and your spouse would be the Defendant and they do have the right to be heard in court.