It is called an “Uncontested Divorce.”  If you or your soon to be ex-spouse are able to resolve things amicably and agree on all issues which can include dividing assets, debt, child support, alimony, custody, parenting with the children, health insurance and other issues, then you can prepare the necessary documents including a Joint Petition for Divorce, Separation of Divorce Agreement and other paperwork and then can request an uncontested court date.  People can do this on their own; although there are technical restrictions that need to be handled correctly. You can hire an attorney to handle it for you or you could sit down with a mediator.