The criminal justice system is a big bureaucracy.   If charged you want to get out of the bureaucracy.  One issue is to look closely at the police report and to determine if there are sufficient evidence to charge you with a crime.   You can file a motion to dismiss arguing that even if you assume the evidence in the police report is accurate there is not enough evidence to meet the probable cause. This is an excellent vehicle to get weak cases dismissed at the outset.