In MASS, there have been a great deal of changes in recent years to having your record sealed. Now, most non-convictions, not guilty verdicts and dismissals are able to be sealed immediately. A CWOF( continuance without a finding) is eligible once you have successfully completed the probation and your case has been dismissed.

Certain drug convictions are eligible to be sealed without the 5 year wait but you do need to petition the court.

There are certain waiting periods, usually 5 years for a misdemeanor and 10 years for a felony. There