Legal Blog

The answer is, usually you can amend the Schedule to add an overlooked debt.  What happens is we file a Motion to Amend Schedule F and you would add the name of the Creditor and the amount of the debt. In addition, in some cases it actually is possible to re-open a bankruptcy after your debts have been discharged. Therefore, if you forgot to add a debt until after the discharge, you can possibly re-open the bankruptcy in order to add that. There are fees on these, so you have to make sure that it would be worth adding the debt.

Tagged in: Untagged