Even if you are not approved as a foster care provider and
if you are nominated in Juvenile Court you can get a 3rd party custody through
a 72-hour hearing or temporary custody hearing. 
You can file for guardianship in Juvenile Court, custody or an adoption
through the Juvenile Court or for a grandparent visitation. 

In Probate and Family Court you can apply for an emergency
temporary or permanent legal guardianship even if DCF is not approving you.